Rhinoplasty is one of the most complicated and challenging operations of plastic surgery. This difficulty is greater in male patients. This is because men have more than one nonspecific complaint and expect more and are less careful during the examination.
It is important to understand that the male patient has realistic goals before surgery and that the surgeon understands all the risks, benefits, and options of the patient. Over-the-counter Nose Ridge or tip thinning produces unsatisfactory results.
Gorney has seen potential problem patients with the acronym Simon (single), immature person(immature), male(male), excessive expectations possible and self-righteous(narcissist).
In general, men are less understanding of their deformities than women. They also have difficulty explaining the changes they want.
For preoperative surgical planning, side, oblique, basal imaging and computer imaging are very important. Computer imaging allows the patient to better understand the expected results of surgery and reduce anxiety. It also emphasizes the importance of facial harmony and allows the patient to determine the surgical outcome. This is especially important in rhinoplasty patients. It should also be noted that computer images are not guaranteed or determinant of the shape that will occur after the surgery. It’s more of a training tool.
The Golden Ratio is a mathematical term used to describe the ratio of the face to the face. For women, these ratios and the differences between women and men should be explained briefly.:
- Below the chin (mention), the horizontal lines between the base of the nose, the eyebrow and the hairline, divides the face into three equal parts. The top 1/3 section is the least important, because the top line varies from person to person, depending on the type of hair. The length of the nose should be positioned according to these proportions.
- Any deviation in the nose should be noted. The middle between the two eyebrows should be evaluated according to the line drawn in the middle of the lip.
- The borders of the nose are determined by two slightly curved lines from the inside of the eyebrows towards the tip of the nose (the inner nasal line). In men, the back of the nose is larger and less concave to women.
- Nasal bone base width(outer nasal line) should be 70-80% of the normal nasal base width of the subject. If the bone base is wide, the bones can be reduced by mobilizing. Male lines have a wider base. If the base of the nose is severely narrowed, it can lead to a feminine appearance.
- The base width of the nose should be equal to the distance between the eyes. The width of the nose wing should be distinguished from the spread of this nose. White race men are spread 3mm’dir. If this is too much, a narrowing of the alar base should be done, but again, this distance should be drawn attention to the two eye ranges.
- The symmetry of the nose wing should be evaluated and it should be observed that there are more sharp boundaries in men during the operation.
- Nose with wings of a seagull should wake up the appearance of the middle pole.
- There should not be a sprain between the root of the nose and the tip of the nose. The area behind the tip of the nose should be lower in Guinea.
- A slight pitting at the back of the nose tip is considered normal. He knows how to be in a man.
- The angle of the nose should be 90-95 degrees in men. This angle points to more feminine nose.
An important feature of male patients are thick nose skin and results are more uncertain. In spite of all, the best results are taken in men’s nose aesthetic interest increases.
Doktorunuza Sorun Formu